Pages

20 May, 2007

Cotton for summer

Tired of black and white yet? No way, not me! Though I am feeling compelled to set aside the wool every now and then, and play around with this cotton camisole from Poetry in Stitches.



Hifa cotton in ice blue from Nordic Fiber Arts.

It was a treat to choose a color out of the 60 or so on the color card. I seriously considered at least four or five different blues, but in the end I went with this one, the palest of the pale. The yarn was special ordered, so it took a while for it to get here, but it is beautiful. Smooth, sleek, mercerized cotton, quite unlike their rather rustic (but lovely) Hifa 2 wool, which I am using for the Brocade Leaves sweater.

The camisole is knitted sideways in garter stitch and "double pearl" stitch (I may have to find what the English name for this is), and is copied from an actual antique under garment! Isn't it cute with the short row shaping at the waist?



Twin dogwood trees in our yard. Finally it's spring! Though of course it's still raining.

12 comments:

  1. Hi Hege! Your dogwood trees are beautiful - we keep meaning to get one for our yard, but haven't done it yet... I love the icy blue cotton and the pattern looks so cute. Did you make a decision on your black and white sweater? Did I miss it? I've been waiting eagerly to find out your choice! Happy Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous20 May, 2007

    those dogwoods are beautiful.

    that will be a beautiful cammy. will we get photos? i think you need to pose with a pup.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a gorgeous color! Perfect for that pattern

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous21 May, 2007

    That is going to be lovely :) I love that ice blue!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Still raining here, too! The English term for "double pearl stitch" is "moss stitch". It's listed in my translated version of Poetry in Stitches. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely colour! And it would look great in that camisole.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous22 May, 2007

    The pale blue color is perfect for this carmisole. What a beauty it will be.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous22 May, 2007

    I really enjoyed all the photos of the black and white sweater patterns you're considering. Have you chosen one yet?

    The ice blue cotton is going to make such a delicate camisole. I can't wait to see your progress photos.

    I'm glad your trees are finally flowering for you! Our dogwoods are finishing up, as are the lilacs. I will miss them. But the peonies are next!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Delikat farge du har valgt, så denne kommer til å bli flott! Lykke til !

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous28 May, 2007

    Hege, this is so funny. I came across your blog and was really amused by your story of taking your finished sweater for a walk with the dogs, so read it aloud to my husband sitting at the other end of the sofa; he wasn't too interested - at the time. Then the other night, I somehow came across your blog again and noticed your details, name, etc., and asked the husband if he didn't know someone of your description. He did! Remember John at the dlc? He told me about your greyhounds a long time ago.

    ReplyDelete
  11. How cute! That's going to be a great project.

    ReplyDelete